Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
The Global Development Institute (GDI) is pleased to announce the availability of five scholarships for distance learning, funded by the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission (CSC).
These are for applicants from developing Commonwealth countries, covering all tuition fee costs for the MSc in Management and Information Systems (Distance Learning), commencing in January 2018.
Eligibility for the scholarships is as follows:
- Applicants must meet the entry requirements for the MSc M&IS (DL) including a first degree of 2.1 standard or above and English language qualification.
- Applicants must hold an unconditional offer for the MSc M&IS (DL) programme.
- Applicants must also meet the CSC entry requirements that they are a citizen of developing Commonwealth country (see list below), refugee, or British protected person; and a permanent resident in a developing Commonwealth country for the duration of the MSc programme.
How to apply
Applicants must apply for both the MSc M&IS (DL) programme and (separately) for the CSC scholarship:
- Apply for the MSc M&IS (DL) programme
- Details of how to apply to CSC via their Electronic Application System
The closing date for CSC scholarship application is 12 May 2017. In order to ensure that the necessary MSc M&IS (DL) offer has been received, applicants are advised to apply as early as possible, and not later than 14 April 2017.
Eligible countries for CSC scholarships
|Antigua and Barbuda||Lesotho||Seychelles|
|Dominica||Nauru||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Falkland Islands||Nigeria||Turks and Caicos|
|Ghana||Papua New Guinea||Uganda|
|Grenada||Rwanda||Virgin Islands (British)|
|India||St Kitts and Nevis||Zimbabwe*|
|Kenya||St Vincent and The Grenadines|
* Awards offered to build the capacity of civil society organisations
When is the CSC going to notify successful applicants?