Job Vacancy : Young GMS Professional Program
Title of Post: Young GMS Professional Program
Location: Mekong Institute, Khon Kaen, Thailand
The Mekong Institute (MI) is an inter-governmental organization serving the countries of the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) namely Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Yunnan Province and Guang Xi Autonomous Region of China. MI holds the distinction of being the only GMS-based development learning institute, founded by the six GMS Governments, offering standard and on-demand human resource development programs with focus on regional cooperation and transnational development issues.
What is the YGMS Professional Program?
This program aims to develop human resource capacity of private organizations and public institutions involved in GMS development and cooperation by means of providing a structured learning opportunity and hands-on experience to young Mekong professionals over a six-month period. The first three-month period will focus on basic facilitation skills and regional cooperation concepts and knowledge. Each young professional will be required to undergo training and practicum of every stage of facilitation, e.g. planning and design policy dialogue workshop, using VIPP techniques and other participatory tools, moderating skills, evaluation, synthesis and evaluation. After completing the 1st phase, each participant will be assigned to work in the program of their interest (Project Management, Rural Development, Human Migration, Trade and Investment Facilitation). They will be working as associate facilitators to designated MI Program Managers for three months.
• Be nationals of Lao PDR, Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam, China and Thailand
• 25-35 years old
• Hold at least a Bachelor degree in social sciences, economics, public administration, international development, and such areas related to rural development, project management, trade and investment, human migration and good governance.
• At least two years of direct experience in any of GMS country, particularly in training, research, policy development, development project planning, implementation and monitoring
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to carry out secondary research
• Strong analytical skills and demonstrated interest for learning and self-improvement
• Advanced computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office Package/Microsoft Project/Internet)
• Fluent in written and spoken English. Proficiency in another GMS language aside from his/her mother tongue is desirable
All selected applicants will receive Baht 20,000 as monthly stipend during the training period. MI will cover the travel costs of selected candidates from their home station to MI and return travels costs after completion of the YGMS Professional Program. Health, Accident and Life Insurance will be provided. All expenses related to training program activities and travel on duties will be covered by MI. Upon successful completion of the training, the YGMS Professional has the possibility of becoming a regular MI employee.
To Apply: Candidates are requested to send a covering letter and Curriculum Vitae to:
Mekong Institute Attn: HR/Administration 123 Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
Or email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closes on 30 September 2011
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.