Korean Government Scholarships
The Korean Government Scholarship Program is designed to provide higher education in Korea for international students in order to promote international exchange in education and mutual friendship between the participating countries.
Master’s : 3 yrs. (01.09.2010 ~ 31.08.2013) – 1 yr. of Korean language + 2 yrs. of Master’s
Doctoral : 4 yrs. (01.09.2010 ~ 31.08.2014) – 1 yr. of Korean language + 3 yrs of Doctoral
Integrated Master’s & Doctoral : 5 yrs. (01.09.2010 ~ 31.08.2015) – 1 yr. of Korean language + 4 yrs. of Integrated Master’s & Doctoral
Both applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of the foreign country. Applicants cannot have Korean citizenship.
Applicants should be in good health, both mentally and physically, to stay in Korea for a long period of time.
Should be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2010
Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of September 1, 2010
* Applicants who are enrolling or have already enrolled in the same academic program in Korea as the one they are applying for will not be admitted.
* For Master’s program (or Integrated Master’s & Doctoral program): students who hold a Bachelor’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Bachelor’s degree
* For Doctoral program: students who hold a Master’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Master’s degree.
* Applicants who are expecting the adequate diploma should present their diploma by September 1, 2010 before entry.
Should have a grade point average (G.P.A.) at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4. 3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale or grades/marks/score of 80% or higher from the previous attended institution
* If the grade is difficult to convert to percentage, official explanatory documents from the attended university are required.
More details: http://www.niied.go.kr