ASEM, DUO Fellowship, Singapore
The Asia-Europe Meeting’s (ASEM) DUO Fellowship Fund aims to promote student exchanges between European and Asian ASEM member countries. Under this fund, the DUO-Singapore Exchange Fellowship is awarded by the Singapore Government to Singapore and ASEAN students studying in the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS) and Singapore Management University (SMU). The Award is also open to students from European ASEM countries (who come from universities with fee waiver arrangements with NTU, NUS and SMU)
The Award, based on merit, is for a pair of exchanges between a university in Singapore and its respective partner university in Europe in any academic field. Each student will be awarded a maximum of 4,000 Euros for one semester of up to four months, which covers airfare, accommodation and living expenses.
There is no bond imposed by the Singapore Government for the Award, which is open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Participating in any Exchange Programme offers an excellent opportunity for the student to make friends, to build networks and learn about other cultures. It also gives the student a chance to experience the host country’s cultural diversity, its stimulating cosmopolitan environment and explore the countries around it while still pursuing the undergraduate or postgraduate studies.
The following students can attest to this: “Participation in the student exchange programme was extremely beneficial, because on top of the subsistence (finance etc.), I learnt a lot about Asia, and particularly Singaporean culture, people, society and studying / business environment. I naturally also learnt a lot about myself during my five months stay abroad, and created many new contacts with both Asian and European people. It also made me consider Singapore as a potential future place to work and live.”Terms of Award
- The ASEM DUO Exchange Fellowship Award is tenable for one semester of up to four months.
- Each recipient will be awarded a maximum of 4,000 Euros that covers airfare, accommodation and living expenses. No additional assistance will be provided for other expenses.
- Recipients need not pay any tuition fees to the foreign university but continue to pay the normal fees to the university they are from.
- There is no bond imposed on the recipient by the Singapore Government.
- The Singapore Government may, at its discretion, waive any of the conditions of the Award
Applicants should satisfy the following criteria:
- Singaporean students in NTU, NUS and SMU.
- Students from other ASEAN countries that are members of ASEM (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam) studying in NTU, NUS and SMU and who are not prevented by terms of their scholarship from going on exchange programmes.
- Students from European ASEM countries who come from universities in European ASEM countries which have tuition fee waiver arrangements with NTU, NUS and SMU
Students have to be on full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course.
Applications should be:
- Submitted using the prescribed form,
- Click here for the Application Form.
- Forwarded to the respective departments in the Universities:
NTU – International Relations Office
NUS – International Relations Office
SMU – Office of International Relations
You may wish to visit the following universities’ websites for more information:
Please note that:
- The completed application forms must be submitted by the stipulated closing date.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The National Selection Committee will decide which applications qualify for the Award.
- The decision of the National Selection Committee on the selection for the Award is final.