IWC Masters Scholarship
You are an ‘ international candidate’ if you are not an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident.
If you are a domestic student (Australian/New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident) – applications for IWC Masters Scholarships for domestic students will open later this year (1 July – 1 October).
There are several full and partial scholarships available for international students. Please refer to theScholarships website and Terms & Conditions (PDF) to review the availability, value and conditions of each scholarship.
There is only ONE application form (this one) for ALL international scholarships.
Minimum eligibility requirements
You can apply for the IWC Masters Scholarships only if you meet ALL of the following requirements:
- A completed undergraduate degree in a related field of study from an internationally-recognised institution
- Two years of professional experience (paid work or volunteering experience in a field relevant to the program). Although not essential for entry in the MIWM program, candidates with at least two years of relevant professional experience have a higher chance of securing a scholarship – see scholarships selection process and criteria
- If you are from a non-English speaking background: you must demonstrate English Language Proficiency. A proof of English language proficiency needs to be uploaded before submitting this form. See ‘Required documents‘ below for more details.
This form will remain open until 1 August 2015 – 11:55pm EAST (Brisbane, Australia time).
After submitting this form, IWC will assess your application to ensure it meets the minimum eligibility requirements. You will hear back (via email) from IWC before or on 18 August 2015. If your application is shortlisted, you will then be advised on the next steps.
Before you begin this application: please prepare an electronic copy of the following documents:
- Your current Resume/CV
- Two reference letters
- Names and contact details of two referees who have agreed to be contacted in relation to your academic and/or work performance.
- If you are an international candidate: proof of English Language Proficiency which can be either:
- IELTS test results with an overall score of 6.5 AND a minimum score of 6 in each sub-band of writing, reading, speaking and listening; or
TOEFL (Internet-based iBT) test results with an overall score of 87 AND a minimum score of 21 in writing and 19 in reading, speaking and listening; or TOEFL Paper-based test results with an overall score of 570 and a minimum score of 5 in the Test of Written English (TWE) and 54 in listening and reading; or
Pearson PTE test results with an overall score of 64 AND a minimum score of 60 in each communicative skills section; or
Evidence of how you will meet the UQ English entry requirements, which can be found at UQ’s English Language Proficiency Policy.
If you haven’t passed an English test (IELTS, TOEFL, PTE) you need to book one before 1 August. A test costs between AU$150 and AU$350 depending on the test and your country. It is your responsibility to organise this. Test results are usually valid for two years. Your scholarship application will not be considered if you do not upload a proof of your English Language Proficiency.
You will also need to prepare a Personal Statement (see questions on page 4). If you want to save your application and come back to it later, click on ‘Save Answers and Resume Later’ at the bottom the page. However, we strongly recommend that you also save your responses in a separate Word document as a backup.
Don’t forget to submit your application by 1 August: incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you are experiencing issues completing your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +61 7 3014 0200.
Note: * indicates mandatory field