Japan/World Bank Scholarship
To apply for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship under the Regular Program, an applicant must:
Be a national of a World Bank member country eligible to borrow.
Be born after March 31, 1970.
Have, by March 31, at least 2, preferably 4 to 5, years of recent full time professional experience acquired after a university degree, in the applicant’s home country or in another developing country.
Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
Be in good health.
Be of good character.
Not be a permanent resident or a national of any industrialized country.
Not be residing in an industrialized country for more than one year.
Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, staff of the World Bank Group (the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, International Development Association, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes), consultant, or relative of the aforementioned.
Program of Study
- Eligible applicants should propose a program of study related to development at the master’s level, in fields such as economics, health, education, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, or other development‑related subject.
- The proposed program of study should start during the academic year 2010/2011 for a maximum duration of two years. The JJ/WBGSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled (i.e., taking classes) in graduate degree programs.
- Applicants should submit evidence of current unconditional admission to at least one development-related university master’s degree program. Applicants are encouraged to apply to one of thePreferred Universities.
- The Program does not support studies in the applicant’s home country.
- The Program does not support applicants for MBA, MDs, M.Phil. or Ph.D. degrees.
- The Program does not support legal studies such as J.D., L.L.M. or S.J.D. except for L.L.M.’s related to human rights, environment, or good governance.
How to Apply
To apply for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship under the Regular Program, an applicant must read carefully the application procedure as outlined in documents below:
- on-line application form presented in English, French, and Spanish
- Click here to download Application Form
We encourage you to use On-line Application Form (in English, French, andSpanish), if you have access to the JJ/WBGSP website. It will allow you to verify your basic eligibility criteria. And if you submitted your information successfully, it will also accelerate the process of your Application.
For details: http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/WBI/EXTWBISFP/EXTJJWBGSP/0,,contentMDK:20287115~menuPK:562877~pagePK:64168445~piPK:64168309~theSitePK:551644,00.html
Leave a Reply